Since a new year is upon us and we want to make a fresh start, tackling the laundry is one of those areas where organizing is the key to making our daily lives easier and more productive. Follow these steps below to stay ahead of the game and make your laundry day easier.
- Pre-treat stains right away. Keep a stain removal pen on hand to quickly treat coffee, tea, and other beverage stains.
- Don't overload your washing machine. We all tend to do this but stuffing the washer only creates wrinkles and prevents a thorough clean. According to most manufacturers, you should leave a gap between the top of the drum and your laundry.
- Remove clean laundry immediately after being washed to prevent creases.
- Use a mesh laundry bag for delicates and undergarments to keep them from straying. The mesh bag can then be tossed straight into the dryer.
- Inspect pockets for coins, candy, pens, and tissue before starting your laundry. This step will save you a lot of time later on when you notice tissue residue on all your clean clothes!
- Give each family member their own designated hamper with separate sections (whites/dark/light) to make sorting a breeze.
- Before putting your laundry into the dryer make sure to untangle items that get twisted and place items uniformly in the dryer. Try not to overload the dryer as this will cause uneven drying which will lead to double work for you.
- To alleviate the need for ironing, before the dryer cycle comes to an end, take items that are slightly damp and hang them. This will avert wrinkles.
- Lastly, to really make your laundry day a whole lot easier, upgrade your appliances if your budget allows. An energy-efficient washer and dryer will pay for itself in no time, as they can do the work in half the time. This will leave you with more time to spend with your family/friends, reading or doing something fun.
For more laundry day tips and tricks visit https://tide.com