How Does Aromatherapy Work:
When we inhale essential oils through our nose, these molecules are carried to the lungs and in turn travel to several systems throughout the limbic system (the part of the brain that involves behavior and emotions).
Popular Plants Used In Essential Oils:
- Peppermint (aids in digestion, energy booster)
- Lemongrass (relieves a headache)
- Ginger (reduces inflammation)
- Eucalyptus (colds)
- Lavender (treats anxiety and promotes relaxation)
- Rosemary (skin care and hair growth)
- Flowers (Roses, Geranium)
The Benefits of Aromatherapy:
1. Reduces stress and inflammation (muscle pain)
2. Helps fight fatigue
3. Improves Digestion
4. Lifts depression/moods
5. Improves skin care
If you want to have a more relaxing environment at home, aromatherapy is a good place to start. Whether you choose a diffuser, candles or wax melts to transport essential oils keep in mind that true essential oils should be 100 percent pure and not synthetic. (label should state 100 percent pure). Remember, genuine aromatherapy candles are made from soy and not paraffin wax.
Create a home environment that soothes your soul and relaxes your mind so you can be your best self.
Diffuser via Better Homes and Gardens