If you are planning on hosting this summer and your guest room is in need of a little updating check out these tips below:
- Add fresh flowers - they add a pop of color to your decor.
- Provide your guests with an alarm clock, reading lamp and a night light.
- Place books and magazines on a bedside table or in baskets.
- Put pretty stationery and pens/pencils on a tray.
- Use only pure cotton bedding and iron out wrinkles if needed.
- Stock up on a variety of pillows ( soft, medium, firm and non-allergenic).
- Use quality hangers and not wire hangers - your guests will appreciate this.
- Buy a room fragrance in a neutral scent to keep the room smelling fresh.
- Provide your guests with a comfy armchair to sit or read. (See below for bath tips)
Updating The Bath
- Fresh soap and toiletries (shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouthwash) are essential. Buy small guest soaps for each guest and discard after use.
- Replace worn out towels with fresh towels and wash cloths.
- Have a first-aid kit handy filled with aspirin, bandages, and safety scissors.
- Clean and/or replace shower curtains (especially the liner) and bath mats.
These guestrooms from BHG are so inspiring!
A bedside storage display for an alarm clock, extra blankets
Fresh flowers, notebooks and a layered bed will make
any guest happy.
Fill a dresser with toiletries that guests will appreciate.
Task lighting, a warm rug, storage basket, and
magazines says "welcome ".
I hope you enjoyed this post, have a great weekend !