Next to the kitchen, the laundry area/room is the hub of the house and gets a lot of traffic. Keeping this area organized and updated is a task most of us would rather not think about. But, having a laundry space that is functional and attractive will make the mundane task of doing laundry more appealing.
Here are some tips to get you started on your way to a wonderful and modern laundry room.
- Paint or wallpaper a feature wall of the room
- Add draperies - if your laundry room is in your basement adding draperies will soften the space and make it feel brighter.
- Turn an old bookcase into a shelving unit for your laundry supplies
- Add a folding station or counter top to fold clothes
- Install several coat hooks or a curtain rod to hang up laundry from the dryer
- Keep laundry pre-sorted into hampers to make laundry day easier
- Utilize baskets and colorful containers for organization
- Update ceiling lights and add a task light
- Add house plants and paintings to personalize your space
- Place a sign on your laundry room door to give it character
See photos below:
Source : HGTV