Unpretentious and cozy that's what the cottage style of decor is all about. If you love soft color palettes, natural fabrics, re-purposed furniture, and sweet florals, like I do, this style of decor is for you.
Basics of Cottage Style Architecture:
- Beaded board
- Exposed beams
- White walls
- Salvaged wood
Elements of Cottage Style Rooms:
- Casual furniture
- Eclectic mix of old and new accessories
- Mixing flea market finds with new pieces
- Blending floral patterns with neutral tones
- Petite stripes
- Woven bakets and rugs
- Adding cozy accessories such as knobby throws and blankets
- Open shelving in the kitchen to display vintage wares
Those are just some of the elements of incorporating the cottage style. Just remember to add character, warmth and above all your own personal touch with cut branches and flowers to convey a fresh and cozy feeling.
These room just say come on in, and stay a while.
All photos courtesy of Bing images.