If your budget allows, update fixtures such as faucets, sinks and lighting.
The following steps will help you to update your kitchen without blowing your budget:
- Make a wish list of the things that you want to update
- Create a sample board of fabrics, accessories, and paint colors that you love
- Choose a color scheme
- Develop a budget and stick to it
- Research the decorating style you want to implement by using design resources
- Use washable paint and wallpaper
- Purchase quality, energy efficient appliances
- Add designer details such as a tiled mural
- Install new decorative light fixtures such as wall scones
- Coordinate your new kitchen with the rest of your home so it is visibly pleasing.
Below are some beautiful updated kitchens, I hope they will inspire you to create the kitchen you've always wanted.
Source: House Beautiful