Everyone seems to gather in the kitchen at some point of the day whether it's for dinner, a snack, a conversation or doing homework. Keeping things organized in this area of the home can be time consuming and tedious. If the kitchen is well organized and there is adequate storage available, your meal preparation and clean up time will be cut in half.
Below are some tips to keep the kitchen clutter-free and organized.
Organization and storage tips:
- Donate kitchen gadgets that you no longer use to your local thrift store and discard old items that no longer work.
- Store bulky small appliances under cabinet to free up counter space.
- Install pull out shelves for pots and pans to keep them orderly. (see slideshow)
- Organize pantry - store all dry goods together in clear labeled containers. Store canned items on lower shelf making sure there are no spaces between items.
- Hang a chalkboard on the wall for writing down messages, notes and recipes.
- Invest in a kitchen cart to store bakeware, bowls and dishes.
- Put all kitchen cleaning supplies together and store in a wire basket under sink.
- Keep utensils such as spatulas, spoons, and whisks in canisters for easy access.
- Presort and label recyclable containers
A pull out coffee and tea station
Spice drawer for saving time when cooking
A well organized pantry
Kitchen cart storage
All photos courtesy of HGTV