Accessorizing a bookshelf can seem like a daunting task but adding artwork, color and stylish accessories will not only transform a boring bookshelf into a masterpiece but the process will be fun and enlightening.
Create your own personal and unique bookshelf by collecting objects of different sizes and shapes that you love such as Murano glass vases, artisan sculptures and global inspired artwork.
Follow the steps below for a stylish designer bookshelf that you will be proud to display in your own home:
- Place large objects on hard to reach shelves for an aesthetic look.
- Limit rows of books to just 10 or 12 books per shelf for a light and airy feel.
- Stand books vertical and horizontal on shelves for a strategic look.
- Stack similar colors together for a cohesive look
- Use sculptures as bookends for drama.Place your favorite artwork at eye level.
- Balance each grouping of books with similar size objects.
Your bookshelfshould reflect your personality, so feel free to use ycour kids' artwork and vacation mementos when arranging shelves.
All photos courtesy of BHG